Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server (MOC20466)
The focus of this five-day instructor-led course is on creating managed enterprise BI solutions. It describes how to implement multidimensional and tabular data models, deliver reports with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, create dashboards with Microsoft SharePoint Server PerformancePoint Services, and discover business insights by using data mining.
This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions
|The course is included in the following categories:||
Microsoft Official Course
Databáze → Microsoft SQL → MS SQL
Difficulty of the course: expert
Course duration: 5 days
Contents of the course:
- Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Working with Cubes and Dimensions
- Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Introduction to MDX
- Enhancing a Cube
- Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Introduction to DAX
- Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Enhancing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Managing Report Execution and Delivery
- Delivering BI with SharePoint PerformancePoint Services
- Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
Recommended at least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
Designing a normalized database.
Creating tables and relationships.
Querying with Transact-SQL.
Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
This course is no longer in our offer. For more information or if you are interested in contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org a > or phone +420 543 533 610.
Recommended previous and follow-up courses: